Attorney Anthony E. Parent and Keith Redmond discuss the following issues:
- How tax issues for Homeland Americans differ from Americans living overseas
- If the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion allows $100,000 USD income to be "tax-free"
- If the US tax treaties eliminate double taxation
- Are Americans living overseas are renouncing because they simply don't want to pay taxes?
- Do Accidental Americans HAVE TO enter the US tax compliance system?
- Will the IRS come after you in your country of residence and block your bank accounts if you aren't compliant with the US tax code?
- If you are not US tax compliant, will you be treated as a criminal…and will the IRS will put you in jail?
- If you are not US tax compliant, can you renew your US passport?
- can be arrested at the border when entering the United States if you're not compliant with the US tax code?
- You are an American living overseas and are compliant with the US tax code. Does this mean that the Marines “have to” come rescue you in the case of a national emergency?
If you're unsure of how to proceed with your situation, feel free to reach out us to schedule a consultation or find Keith's Facebook page here.